Thunderbird 0.5 waarschijnlijk volgende week

Vervanging van de nieuwspagina van MozBrowser.
Plaats reactie
Koraalduivel
    unknown unknown
Contacteer:

Thunderbird 0.5 waarschijnlijk volgende week

Bericht door Koraalduivel »

Thunderbird 0.4 is gebaseerd op de beta van mozilla 1.6. Thunderbird 0.5 zal gebaseerd zijn op de final van mozilla 1.6 waarin een aantal problemen opgelost zijn, bovendien zal 0.5 stabieler zijn. Bovendien gaat het versiesysteem van Thunderbird over op het systeem dat Firebird hanteerd. Hierbij zullen de trunkversies 0.5+ als versienummer krijgen i.p.v. 0.6a. <!--break-->

De roadmap voor Thunderbird is ook bijgewerkt: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/thunder ... admap.html (nog steeds in de oude stijl)

<i>Hold onto your hats, I'm about to throw a lot of information at you!

Milestone 0.4 was based off of the Mozilla 1.6 beta branch and as such contained bugs and regressions that were fixed for Mozilla between 1.6 beta and 1.6 final which was released this January.

A lot of companies and end users are using 0.4 and making client evaluations based on what they see in 0.4. Furthermore, there is a large group of users that won't use "nightly builds", instead waiting for milestone releases before upgrading. We want to make sure both of these groups are getting the best experience possible right now. And the way to get there is to move them to a 0.5 release which is based on the Mozilla 1.6 final code base.

What does this mean?

Well, within the next week or so, we hope to release Milestone 0.5 which is based on the 1.6 final branch which was released in January. But there is more! We have merged a large number of the mail specific improvements that have been going into the trunk builds over the last two months (such as multiple identity support) into this branch. Thus producing a 0.5 build that will hopefully have the stability of 1.6 with much of the feature improvements found in the trunk builds.

Going Forward:
------------------
1) Builds from this branch will be called 0.5b until 0.5 is done. I hope to start getting test builds up on Friday or this weekend so we can get some testing done on it.

2) The existing "trunk" builds that are based on the cutting edge mozilla 1.7a trunk, will be called "0.5+". I'm taking this opportunity to switch to the Firebird based versioning system where the trunk builds are referred to as 0.7+ instead of 0.8a.

I'm hoping we can pull this off in a short time period and hope as always that we can count your testing help and input

Thanks and Go New England Patriots on Sunday!

-Team Thunderbird </i>
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=48645
Plaats reactie