Addon waiting for fixes.. For a better firefox & thunderbird..

Mozilla Firefox is de webbrowser van Mozilla. Volg in geval van problemen eerst onze standaard diagnose.
Plaats reactie
delicacy
    Windows 8 Firefox

Addon waiting for fixes.. For a better firefox & thunderbird..

Bericht door delicacy »

Ps: i am not moving from firefox v44, the only version of firefox that supports all of my actual addons.
I won't dump decades of addon works & if i have 30 or 40 addons, they wont all be recoded for firefox 57..
until 30 years pass..

I'm looking for firefox & tb contributors to try to create or fix
some addons i'm missing, if possible, I included a link at the end of that list
containing mod versions which are among others, some of the addons that already
contain fixes & i'd like to be reviewed & definitely fixed:

For firefox:

fixes if possible:

No other addon of its kind beats its purpose but the author's working on a google version & sadly abandoned
its development, proposing to anybody who wants to keep the project alive
in one of his sites to feel free to continue the development.

Updates i'd like:

1) In autofill2 Options / other stuff: A function i can check, so each time i open autofill "options window" by right click/autofill options or add..
each time i in fact try to access options window, i get a password box before, so that window is accessible by password
only if i checked the function in "options/other stuff". It allows me to keep
data i filled, hidden from anyone who'd try to access it.

2) Please fix the rule editor that is imperfect, for all fields:
If i select "contains", before & after my string, make autofill add this: ^.*?mystring.*?$
If i select "beginwith", before & after my string, make autofill add this: ^mystring.*?$
If i select "endswith", before & after my string, make autofill add this: ^.*?mystring$
If i select "equals", before & after my string, make autofill add this: ^mystring$
(the actual regular expressions generated through the editor are false)

3) A bug:
If i delete a profile in autofill options/form fields, the profile's content/value is saved in the default "unfiled" profile.
I have to purge & delete that profile's content each time i delete another profile. This shouldn't happen.

4) For example, go to
https://fetlife.com/signup

-enter data

-in the section "where are you located", i would love that
autofill2 "Recursively" waits untill "state/province" selection
box "opens", then adds the chosen selection, then waits for
"City" & adds the data, until it detects that no new selection
box opens, then continues filling "Email address" etc .. .

Note that the "enable autofill delay" option doesn't help for that..
I'd like to have this in any site that has drop down boxes that open others .. .

5) A plus, in Hi5 site, when i click on message on a page,
a message pop-up based on a script appears, then my text is loaded by autofill,
but if i return to the main page & look at another profile & click on "message",
the pop-up window will detect it & open an empty box with the profiles name/pic,
but autofill will not reload text, because: the message popup window was still
opened and the url didn't change .. . & if i close and open it over & over,
it slows down the process. Try to make autofill2 detect scripts
that load other ids in the background..

not needing to reopen hi5 message popup window, and make autofill detect
when a new profile with message box is loaded on the message popup window,
so autofill reloads text .. .

Or apply the fix for any website that has that scripting method .. .

In fact: the webmaster makes pages load/being replaced (without modifying the page url in a url bar), it's done through scripts..
& autofill doesn't detect it actually .. .

6) move the autofill delay from "options/other stuff" to "options/field type", this allows selective website delay chosen by the user
who can enter the desired seconds, to prevent websites that don't need it to be accessed more instantly.

7) javascript support .. . addons like fillform have it, but they don't support rules, that's why they're useless.
so many boxes are bypassed on websites, because they're javascript based..

8 ) auto disabled on firefox offline mode..

9) In options/Form fields, a new type: Close (i don't need to enter any data like
in the field type "button", & in Value to Autofill, it can show "Ctrl+W", That new
"Close" Type, will close the tab after submission, or the window if it's the only
tab .. . but the control must be "ctrl+w" & not firefox or window closing.. cause
window closing would close all tabs..

10) if possible an add-on bar icon attached on this email too with a pop-up (autofill disabled) / autofill enabled)

---------------------

2. Issues with "precise clear history" addon & "privacy plus" addon.

If i open the clear history and select "after a specific date" I will see 1 date & 1 hour box (2 boxes).
Now if i reopen clear history.. i can see the same boxes multiplied by 4...

1 Issue: using "precise clear history 1.3.1", if i add the privacy plus addon,
it disables the "between specific dates" option (added by p.c.h 1.3.1) .. .
that appears on the "clear data" "clear history" window.

& proposals:

A function would be great under the time range to clear:

"Every"
(it's an automatism) (box to check)

& under Every, in a white rectangular frame, i add the number i want for:

[ ] Hours

for exemple: 12

if this is left like that & the clear data window including the specific
parts i want to clear are checked, & i close the clear data window .. .

after 12h, the checked parts i wanted to be auto deleted will be deleted
without intervention, continuously, every 12h..

& one more thing:

for some reason, my firefox saves data here, maybe because i use the addon opendownload & all open files are managed by windows & not firefox anymore but it leaves temp files in the hd:

"C:\Users\"user"\AppData\Local\Temp"
My browser:
C:\Users\1\AppData\Local\Temp

but the "cache" section of the data clearing window, even selected, doesn't delete
anything from that folder above.. so if you could add that path too for the cache
deletion to privacy plus, it would be great.

or maybe with a script "greasemonkey" or another addon..

---------------------

3. The author of an addon hasn't been able to find a way of password protect firefox's bookmark folders,
nevertheless, sites & folder's site's can be encrypted & password protected .. . But i still need to name
those sites to remember what they are before accessing them, so giving access to that folder to anyone who
uses my pc indoors would show site names that can be accessed differently. My aim is to have the folders
in bookmarks password protected, i don't even care about protecting sites/content of folders, when access
to that folder is protected .. . That would be amazing if you could create a mod version of that addon
that can be easily found (i didn't attach it), it's called: "Link Password 4.0.1.0"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

& finally, for thunderbird:

1. Creation of addon: Add a special "Doesn't contain my e-mail" value to the email filters for the "To" field & allow the filter
to automatically determine which email addresses are mine, so i don't have to re-edit that filter each time i add or remove a personal email.
No user defined string to add so "greyout data/string field if possible"
when i select "Doesn't contain my e-mail". All i'd have to do is select delete
for action, and that filer would detect all my email addresses & if none of them
is present, they'd auto deleted. foxmail has that option..

2. I asked a contributtion to another coder, but he's stuck-blocked, see if you can do something.
He created x-unsent add-on. It allows eml files to be opened on thunderbird from windows
desktop & folders.

1) Make html code's lines longer & not as short as 3 words per line, there must be an issue somewhere .. .
if i send the eml from tb, my full headers will appear as if they were broken & don't occupy lines fully:

Code: Selecteer alles

<font
                                                     color="#000080"
                                                     face="Times New
                                                     Roman">
                                                     <div>Â </div>
                                                   </font>
                                                   <div><font
                                                       color="#000080"
                                                       face="Times New
                                                       Roman">
                                                       <div>Â </div>
                                                       <div>Â </div>
                                                       <div><span
                                                         style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                                         ; COLOR: "><strong><font
color="#ffffff"></font></strong></span></div>
                                                       <div><span
                                                         style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                                         ; COLOR: "><strong></strong></span>Â </div>
                                                       <div><span
                                                         style="FONT-FAMILY:
                                                         ; COLOR: "><strong></strong></span>Â </div>
                                                     </font>
                                                     <div>Â </div>
                                                   </div>
                                                 </div>
                                               </div>
                                             </div>
                                           </div>
                                         </div>
                                       </div>
                                     </div>
                                   </div>
                                 </div>
                               </div>
                             </div>
                           </div>
                         </div>
                       </div>
                     </div>
                   </div>
                 </div>
               </div>
             </div>
           </div>
         </div>
       </div>
     </div>
   </div>
 </body>
</html>
& if i send the eml from an ms email client, the full headers occupy the lines with less graphic spaces:

Code: Selecteer alles

</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ffffff face=3D"Times New Roman"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-FAMILY: ; COLOR: "><STRONG><FONT=20
color=3D#ffffff></FONT></STRONG></SPAN></DIV>
color=3D#000000></FONT></STRONG></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
color=3D#000000></FONT></STRONG></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV><=
/DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></=
DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>
And if i make spam reports to send to abuse at times, i'd find it weird to send it aligned like the way it is when i send the email from tb .. .
some of them would find it tiresome & won't want to read it (( I like & prefer the tb's html rendering engine because it's more compliant
than ms client's html encoding, but can't it be fixed so lines are filled and not look so small in the middle of the page in the headers ?
that would be great.

2) In the File menu, Save as, "Eml..." above "Fille" for those messages opened in edition mode (x-unsent) .. .

3) the same email sent from tb will arrive with 34kb & the one from live mail, with 16kb, looks like a bandwidth consumption if my emails
are longer (( is there a way to change that ?

3. Creation of addon called: multiple accounts import
With this, i can import from the Tools menu, multiple accounts from a text file.
passwords auto remembered. The format will be in the text file:

email address:password:your name:popserver:port:username:connectionsecurity:authenticationmethod:outgoingserver:port:username:connectionsecurity:authenticationmethod:checkfornewmessagesevery:
email address:password:your name:popserver:port:username:connectionsecurity:authenticationmethod:outgoingserver:port:username:connectionsecurity:authenticationmethod:checkfornewmessagesevery:

& all other account settings should be thunderbird's default settings when creating new accounts
besides the settings below that must be modified for all accounts to import:
leavemessagesonserver:always disabled for at most,until i delete them greyedout
emptytrashonexit:enabled
placeacopyin:disabled
keepmessagearchives:disabled
startmynewreply:above
junksettings:all disabled

3 addons needing to be fixed from some descriptions above:
http:// matrixjo.com /upload/store/modsofextensions.zip
Torzan
    Windows 7 Firefox

Re: Addon waiting for fixes.. For a better firefox & thunderbird..

Bericht door Torzan »

I appreciate your time and energy but please address your issues to add-on developers. There is little to no chance they will read or respond to them either here or in the forum at support.mozilla.org.

For Firefox and Thunderbird, you should use Bugzilla for feature requests, but keep in mind they will not be honored for older versions, nor for (outdated) add-ons.

Please keep forums tidy if you can.
nirwana
Beheerder
    Android Firefox
Contacteer:

Bericht door nirwana »

I agree with Torzan.

With the new WebExtensions format addons for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox will be more alike. That should make development for both browsers easier.

Probably not all addons will be converted. Addons that have not been updated for years will not be updated. I do not see that as a big problem.

Addons that will not be updated and that are still needed could perhaps be upgraded. We will have to see how this is going to work in the months to come.
Met vriendelijke groet,

Martijn
[ Mede-oprichter + webmaster MozBrowser | beheerder Startpagina's over freeware, GIMP, Mozilla en OpenOffice.org / LibreOffice, Ubuntu
delicacy
    Windows 8 Firefox

Bericht door delicacy »

"Probably not all addons will be converted. Addons that have not been updated for years will not be updated. I do not see that as a big problem."

Yes, you can enjoy driving a car with a missing wheel for the rest of your life, it's an interesting philosophy but not mine.
As i already explained & won't argue about it anymore:

1) I have like 35 to 45 addons & none of them are a treat but necessities. so i will not update v44.
2) it's evident & you've already made that point that i've also made, that not all addons will be rewritten.
3) I am asking help from anyone who wants to contribute,
i'm not here to argue about if it's worth being fixed/developed or not for other people who don't use my addons.
4) & finally, i do not & will not use a browser with missing functionalities previously brought by addon developers in the past
who either passed out, stopped programming & that nobody wants to take in charge & that made many addon developers
leave mozilla development because of their continuous abuse to break their addons functionalities, in the recent years
with australis & now with v57. & because they turned their back for good at mozilla, for many of them, you cannot expect
all the missing addons that one or anyone else needs to be developed & in the meantime, if it ever happens, 15 to 25 years later..
cross your arms & not use those functionalities when for many people they're used everyday.

ex: contacts sidebar addon was fixed by one of the developers from this community in 3 weeks after it was broken in tb.

is it support.mozilla.org who fixed it ?
is it bugzilla who fixed it ?

No. & it's an interesting proposal but i wouldn't be here to see if there's a possibility to have some addons fixed,
if i didn't know how bugzilla acts.. or even support.mozilla.org, i have 15 years of experience in asking fixes with them.
& there's no need to even give you their answers, they're even closer to the art of assassinating addons by the mozilla staff
than this community, & they don't give two tosses about it. & that's also the reason why so many coders left addon development.

If anyone wants to help fine, if not, i'm not gonna waste my time arguying about it in total vanity & unproductively.
Plaats reactie